Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mowing Thoughts...

Ok so I was on the mower for 6 hours today... It's funny all the thoughts that roll through your mind while your sitting still listening to an iPod, getting weird tan lines, watching the grass get shorter, and at the same time having it blow in your face, causing your allergies to go haywire!

First off, How much I miss Kayleigh! She has been at a camp since wed! I know, I know wed was only yesterday, but seems like it's been forever! Plus I wont get to see her till I pick her and ash up tomorrow at 11:30. Have you ever thought about how it's weird that one day you can be happy all by yourself, but all of a sudden you meet someone, and you cant figure out how you ever lived without them? I love Kayleigh so much! She is the most AMAZING girlfriend in the whole entire world! Miss you babe and cant wait to see you tomorrow night!

Second, why do I always forget to take my allergy medicine before I do lawn work?

Third, it's funny how many movie quotes you can think of sitting on a mower bored out of my mind! But whats more funny is me laughing hysterically at myself telling myself movie quotes on a mower by myself in the middle of a field. I'm sure its probably pretty amusing watching me laugh at myself also...

Fourth, I get tired of music sometimes! And honestly after 6 hours you miss being able to have conversations, so I downloaded some comedians so it seems as if I am having human interaction but it's not quite the same...

Fifth, I started thinking about how my thoughts on church have changed in the last few years! I remember when I first surrendered to the ministry, and how I thought being a pastor would be. I never thought that being a pastor would be hard until I went to Southeastern, and even more so actually after I moved back to Orlando, I realized what the ministry of being a pastor was all about. Over the past 8 months I have learned so much about what ministry is all about. You see, I used to think it was just a walk in the park, a few letters and phone calls a week, maybe a hospital visit or two, and a few days of studying for your sermon whether it be Wed night for Youth or Sunday for the congregation. Boy O' Boy was I wrong! Pastor Byron, Barry, Darrell, and Travis all have shown me what REAL ministry is like! And also how to deal with the hard times, and the stupid pharisees that try and stop what God is doing, All because it's not what "they" like or what "they" think should be happening in "their" church. First off it is not "their" church its God's and the last time I checked we cared what God thinks and what God wants us to do not the pharisees!

But the thing I have had the hardest time dealing with is how Grown men and women who call themselves Christians have acted because they didn't like something... And instead of handling it biblically or even trying to talk to someone on staff about their problems with them, They decide to act like a 12yr olds and talk to their other 12yr old friends, who do not even posses the maturity to tell them that they are not handling it the right way either! But aside from all of that is the fact that I hate it for their children, who have no control over the fact that their parents are idiots! Some of them may never want to go to church again, or maybe even make up their minds about church, just because they've watched and listened to their parents rip it apart! Not only have their parents riped apart brothers in sisters in Christ and placed a HUGE wedge of anger between one another but they have also instilled a virtue of Hate and a attitude of "if you do not do it the way I want then I will do everything in my power to stop it" Where does that come from? I think it comes from a very Selfish perspective and attitude!

You know what bewilders me is the fact that so many have invested so much time in trying to stop what our church is doing, instead of investing that time in their kids and teaching them how real men and women who function in integrity act! Or better yet investing their time in reaching lost people. I had a conversation with two friends today about that, how we as Christians can loose sight of what is really important. Which is growing my own relationship with God more and more, and helping other people grow and begin a relationship with God. So often I think Christians get caught up in traditions, systems, and "their" way of doing things that we forget and loose sight of our First Love, and the reason we are here on earth!

But honestly I'm so glad that I have been able to see how REAL MEN OF GOD, act and respond to this! Thank you to the pharisees for showing me your backside, because I've learned so well how to deal with people like you, and also you have helped me with being able to grow in my relationship with God, because I honestly believe praying for pharisees is one of the greatest things in the world, because I no longer have to worry about it anymore, just allow God to deal with you! And to the pastors at C3 Thank You for functioning in integrity, Loving God more then anything else, and showing me how to pursue what God is revealing to you, and no matter what the cost Choosing to Fight for Love!

I am now excited about ministry more than ever, because I get the awesome privilege of serving under and learning from the GREATEST leaders in the whole world! Plus I get to be apart of the most AMAZING church in the whole entire world! I'm willing to step up and do whatever it takes to Fight for Love and to reach a lost and dying world for Christ. Are You?

Phor gun mai

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy! Are you ever going to blog again? I'm tired of reading about how you were on the mower for 6 hrs!

Matt