Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Rumble in the Jungle

Ok You have to watch the whole video before you read the blog. Please watch the whole thing through, it is not gruesome I Promise!



Ok so after watching the video I could'nt help but compare it to my daily walk with Christ. First the verse "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth." 2 Tim. 4:17 Sometimes as a Christian you can just be walking along thinking life is great. But just then out of no where satan jumps in and tries to take you down. I sympathized with the calf, and thought about how it was a perfect example of a believer in Christ, because as satan is attacking you from one direction, he can send some demons to attack you from the other side, and it feels like your in the middle of spiritual tug-of-war! Which after a while just drains all you have... your tired, worn out, and frustrated, you don't know how you will make any longer. And it's right about that point, right when your ready to give up. That God step's in, because "my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior—from violent men you save me." 2 Sam. 22:3 When the herd of water buffalo come back for the calf, I thought it was an AMAZING discription of the Love of Christ, and those who fallow Him. Because they came right along side the calf, fought off the lions. Then welcomed it back into the herd. Because that "ONE" life was worth fighting for! And I know that's how it is for me, my closest friends, and most definitely my church. Plus without a doubt, would do whatever it takes to protect "ONE". Even if it means hookin the lions and throwing them off. Because "ONE MORE LIFE" is worth everything to me! So you know what? bring on the lions, crocs, and bears "OH MY" because we'll be ready, I'll be ready! 1 Peter 5:8 says "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." So stand strong, know God is right there, and remember sometimes he has to let somethings happen to you so that you can learn and grow from them. But He's ALWAYS got your back and will never let more than you can handle happen. I'll leave you with just one question... What's one life worth to you?

Phor gun mai

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS AMAZING!
I got a little emotional...:), but not from the video but from what you wrote. Everything you said is SO true!
I am so lucky to get call you my boyfriend! :)
I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hey bro... i love this man.. good stuff. ya made me pause.. not much does that.

Byron Bledsoe said...

Hey Bro,
Ceckin out the site again. Love it - great insight! Now, blog again!